Sunday, September 2, 2012

6 DPO today

So, another one of those, is this a sign type posts.  Yesterday I had a temp dip.  I told myself it didn't bother me.  I was only 5 DPO, temps do go up and down, it was still above coverline, and besides, I'm working on a baby here, not a temperature.  However, I was in a bad mood for most of the day, snapping at my poor husband and just feeling blah.  My back was hurting, just in general my body was off kilter.  I actually allowed the thought of "what if this isn't it?" to enter my head.  I don't want to believe that this couldn't be it.  To be honest after posting it here, my favorite thread on BBC, and telling only a couple of very close people to me, plus DH, I'd feel like a liar ontop of the disappointment of not being preg.

My acupuncturist always says to tell yourself the story.  He starts every session with "What's the story" and he's very big on you telling yourself good stories rather than scary stories.  My good story is my BFP this cycle!  How absolutely perfect!!  I'll have a May baby, I can announce it around Christmas or Thanksgiving, (after my 12 weeks), everything will go great.  The scary story is, of course, no pregnancy.  I don't know so ti's worth believing the good story, also I actually really do believe the good story is more likely this time.  My body has honestly improved SO MUCH in the past 6 acu cycles.  I am not kidding, every single cycle, something got better.  Even on a "horrible" cycle, something improved.  My body is strong and ready, my ovulation date later than ever, my temps have been amazing. No reason to believe this won't be my time.

However, there I am yesterday with little doubts creeping into my mind as I try to shake them off.  Then, mid-day, a FB friend of mine, who's been on my friends list for a couple of months, out of no where likes and comments on a picture of Chase.  Just like that.  Now, it's my profile pic, but it's been my profile pic for almost 6 months and not many likes on it or comments.  All of a sudden I had a quite a few likes on his picture and a couple of comments.  Just happened to have been yesterday when I was feeling the way I was.

I know I can turn anything into a sign, but I still think that's kind of amazing.  Needless to say I felt a lot better after that.  Chase is with me and it's going to work out and it's going to be okay.  Oh, and today?  My temp was higher than ever :-). 6 DPO today and counting.....  A lot of people start testing around 9 DPO, which would be Wednesday for me, but I dunno yet.  The thought of testing scares me.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like yesterday may have been an implantation dip!! I will say my prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete