Friday, November 23, 2012

A New Attitude

So, here I am, CD 1 of cycle 22 of ATTC.  I am actually okay.  I know I had a pretty hard week, but I just had a realization this morning and a new attitude that I am going to pray remains with me for the rest of the year so that I can get through it and stay positive.

I am not going to conceive naturally.  My body simply can't.  Now, I am not going to discount acu, the herbs, and everything else I've done for my body.  My cycles have changed so much since starting acupuncture.  I used to ovulate very early in my cycle and now I ovulate mid-cycle.  My cycles used to also be about 3 weeks long and now they are about 25 days.  This past cycle with the progesterone and a few other changes, my LP was 12 days instead of the 10 or 11 it had been.  My progesterone has increased and my estrogen has decreased to normal range.  My other labwork has been really good since acupuncture as well.  However, I am not pregnant and I'm accepting the fact that for me, it's not going to happen naturally.

I plan to spend the rest of 2012 continuing to improve my body.  I am going to continue with the acupuncture, the herbs, and the supplements.  Unfortunately my insurance does not cover any fertility treatments at all, and as anyone who TTC knows, fertility treatments can be quite expensive.  This means that in the new year I cannot afford to continue doing acupuncture AND see the RE, so I am going to say goodbye to acu once I start with treatments.  I am looking at the rest of the year as finishing getting my body ready and hopefully it won't take as many drugs or as long with the drugs to get the BFP.  Hoping I have a good response to the medical treatment as well.  Once I do conceive and I am only seeing the RE to monitor the first trimester, I can see acu again to make sure I keep the pregnancy.

I will be forever grateful for all that acu has done for my body. I am praying that I can keep the outlook I have today for the rest of the year, even when cycle 23 begins.  I'll see the RE for the first time around the end of the 23rd cycle and be ready to start cycle 24 with him.

4 comments:

  1. I love your new outlook and positive attitude. It feels so good to have a plan, even when it's not the original way you intended or "planned" things to happen. After my ectopic pregnancy, I had to have surgery to remove both my tubes due to the rupture in one and a hydro in the other. That pretty much took away all my choices, besides IVF. Even though it wan't the path I wanted to take, and never thought it's be the road we'd find ourselves on, it felt SO good to have a pro-active plan.

    Hopefully you will feel comfort and a re-newed spirit full of hope with this new plan. I will continue to pray for you as you start this new chapter in your TTC journey!

    Hugs, Kara
    www.waitingonbabyb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your body is going to respond so well to Western treatment. I just know it! You did the right thing by spending a good amount of time getting your body to baby ready, and you definitely can't regret any amount of time spent doing so. I really think you are going to get great results fast adding in some Western meds, because you have created such a perfect foundation for a good response....much better than your past experience with Clomid. I can't wait to see all the good things that are about to happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new attitude. New year, new start.
    Think of it as just trying something different! Good luck!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please check out my blog for the questions.
    www.wantinganotherwagner.wordpress.com

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are to sweet! I'll have to do the Liebster. Thanks for the nomination. I feel bad because I book marked your original blog and never saw your new one. Adding that one so I can follow you also. I'm so sorry I haven't been following. Didn't know you had this new one. *hugs*

      Delete