Friday, November 2, 2012

Castor Oil Pack

So yesterday I posted that I my castor oil came in and I was going to try a castor oil pack.  Wow, I had no idea what a treat I was in.  I thought the only purpose for one was cysts and/or endo and since I didn't have either, it didn't apply to me.  What I didn't understand is how completely and totally relaxing such a pack is.  Now, I'll admit, as I'm reading how to make one and I'm looking at it, I'm thinking, um, no.  I'm going to lay with some oil soaked rag and just ugh!  However, I am SO GLAD I tried this and I really wish I tried it sooner.  Here's a link to a video on how to make one and more info on it:

http://www.naturalfertilityshop.com/Articles.asp?ID=202

Just for the record, I didn't buy the kit.  I bought castor oil on amazon and then made the pack myself.  I also used an old pillowcase on top of the pack, not plastic and I used a heating pad and not a hot bottle of water.  Yesterday I dang near fell asleep while doing it and then all day today I felt so relaxed.  Tried it again tonight before my bath and honest to God, I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I also have a lot of insomnia, so this is just awesome.

Also, I am doing the "Be Thankful Challenge" on FB.  I'm going to post mine here every single Sunday with what I had for the week.  There will be only 4 this week since the challenge started yesterday.  I figure this is easier than doing it daily and while I was doing it on my own on FB, I was inspired to post it on this blog too due to someone else doing the same thing.  Just had to give credit that this was not my original idea.

1 comment:

  1. Yup yup! Love those castor oil packs! I wish more women knew about them, because they are so easy and cheap and help with so many things, not to mention putting you in that state where you are on the verge of falling asleep. I'm sure you wouldn't get the same effect if you were just watching garbage on tv, but taking that time to close your eyes, meditate or listen to the Circle + Bloom CD's makes it really nice. Hope you have an extra relaxing cycle this time around.

    ReplyDelete