Friday, January 4, 2013

Glimmer of hope

I got the most amazing news yesterday!  I can't believe it.  I was actually shaking in my car and had to calm down before I could continue driving.

I got an email from my new RE's office where I have a consult on Monday.  I emailed to make sure all the paperwork was in order for Monday and my referral and everything else.  I got a "you're good to go" along with.... "we verified your insurance and you have coverage for IUI and fertility procedures".  Um... what??  I call back immediately with please explain?  This means that IUI is covered with just a co-pay!  Clomid and maybe Femara (I was told to double check with the nurse) is also covered.  Even if Femara isn't covered, it's not very expensive, so no biggie.  All monitoring is covered.  If I did injectibles everything would be covered except the injectible meds.  I am allowed to shop around and someone private messaged me a website where women sell their leftover meds to other women for cheap and this is a very reputable site, not to mention I can check for donated meds.

What does this mean???  I can afford to try something!  I cannot believe it!!  I had considered trying a natural IUI cycle.  More for info, does my follie mature on it's own?  What size is it when it's released since it tends to happen so early.  This cycle O was CD 10 or 11 (didn't chart, went by CM, typical O pain, and then progesterone symptoms).  Also, is it my CM?  My CM does suck.  I get EWCM sometimes, usually watery, and not much of it, so would IUI help?  Then maybe I could try Clomid or Femara with IUI.  Maybe  a couple of cycles with that before moving on to injectibles.  Insurance does not cover IVF, but I'm just happy it covers the other stuff.

I'm excited, eager, and scared for my appt on Monday.  What if he says IVF only also?  I hope not.  I hope he's more optimistic about trying with the other stuff.  I hope I like him.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I hope your apt. with your new prospective RE goes well.

    Do you mind sharing the website you are talking about for cheaper meds? Would love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Messed up when I was replying. Here's the website: http://www.freegaragesale.com/meds.htm

      Delete
    3. Thanks Amber! Will check it out!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Some coverage is better than nothing. I hope this RE allows you to do IUI instead of jumping straight to IVF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's AWESOME news!!! Most insurance doesn't cover anything, so what you've got is GREAT!!!! That'll save you $1,000's!! Hopefully your doctor will be willing to let you give IUI a shot, especially since you have coverage! That's the only way I got my BFP...my RE said, Hey, let's just give this one last ditch effort...and it worked! You just never know!

    Speaking of CF...are you using a sperm friendly lube? If you're not, Preseed is a good option! Can't wait to hear about your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! That is awesome, awesome news! I am going to be praying so hard that this is a door opening to your BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing and wonderful- a sign. You are moving in the right direction and it's going to happen for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with you new RE. So awesome that you found that sight. Good to know. Who would have thought that a site like that even exists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh- that's great news! I can't wait to hear what the new RE has to say. I'll be checking in for updates! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, Yay! So, so glad that you got a second opinion and the RE's office found out about your medical coverage. What a blessing! Can't wait to see what His course of action will be for you and yoru journey to your BFP. Hopefully you will be able to start with IUI first, especially since it's covered and you can see how you respond to a monitored cycle.

    So happy for you and this new development Amber! You are so close to your baby...I just feel it!!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous news!! I'm so happy for you! If you don't have much CM, you will definitely benefit from IUI since it by-passes the cervix. This is your year. I just knew it!

    ReplyDelete