Thursday, January 17, 2013

Show Time

Today is only cycle day 9.  For most of my cycles my body is ready go around this time and here we are.

I took my last Clomid pill on CD 7.  Yesterday I started feeling pain on my right side.  When I went in for my u/s this morning the nurse told me, well it's a bit early so what we expect to see is follies at about 11 or 12 inches.  I know myself. I told her I have a mature follie on my right, I can feel it.  She, of course, does an eyeroll without really doing one and says, we'll see.  Well, we saw.  I have one follicle on my right, it's 23 inches.  My lining is 8.5.  Their office wasn't really ready for all of that.  They had to confer with the RE and then call me back.  The plan is, BD tonight.  Trigger at 9:00 pm, IUI is Sat. morning at 7:30 am.

I wasn't shown how to do a trigger because they weren't expecting a mature follie on CD 9 like that, but they have a video on the website I can see and from what others told me it's 2 inches to the left or right of belly button and just stick it in.  I have no issues with needles, not a big deal.

I am disappointed that I only got one mature follie on the Clomid.  Between the timing and the follie, I feel my body has 0 reponse to Clomid.

In any event, I am praying with all my heart and soul that this works out.  It takes only one egg and one sperm.  I have the egg and it is in fact ready to go.  I'm just praying for the one sperm and that they meet, fertilize, and implant. 

If you are reading this, could you please just take a second to say a little prayer that this works for me?  Please?  Thank you!

17 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Hopefully this is it for you and dh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of good vibes coming your way! That's a great size follie, so hopefully it's the magic one to make this happen for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Said a prayer for you right now Amber, and will continue to do so until that sticky little babay implants! I am so excited and so nervous for you! I want this for you SOOOO badly!!! Plus, 23 is a great size follicle. Yay for it being show time!!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying and hoping you will have your first IUI work! 23 mm follie is awesome. You should be VERY happy with the fact you had your ultrasound at the perfect time, are triggering at the perfect time, and you'll even get your IUI at 34.5 hours post trigger....PERFECT! One follie is all you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will absolutely be praying. I am so hopeful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber I am extremely thrilled. Praying that this IUI works out with that amazing 23 mm follie. You never know it might splight and give you a two for one deal.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear God,
    Please let Amber get pregnant this cycle. Please let the sperm meet the egg. Let that sperm and egg fertilize and turn into a viable embryo. Please let Amber have a H&H 9 months!!!!

    Done.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you! Now it's posted in case God needs to refer back. :-)

      Delete
  8. You are in my prayers Amber! You are right, it only takes one sperm and one egg, so it can totally happen. I'm annoyed with that nurses eye roll- WTH? Obviously you know your body way better than she does! I'm glad you advocated to get the u/s done too. If I remember correctly the originally just wanted you to do OPKs. Wishing you the very best this cycle!

    ReplyDelete