Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Freaking out, I need prayers, please

So, I am trying to be prepared an I am going through the needles that I have, the injectibles that I have and I am freaking out.  I am so scared.  I'm not actually sure which needles go to which drugs.  What if I don't mix them right?  Inject wrong?  Use the wrong needle.  What the hell am I doing that I think I can do this?  What if I do this wrong and mess up my whole cycle?  What if it doesn't work?  I am so scared, like scared out of my mind thinking about all of this. 

I did email the nurse coordinator and asked I if I could bring her all my needles to see which ones to use for what.  I am just really and honestly scared right now.  I am not afraid of needles themselves  actually. That's never been a problem.  I am scared of the mixing of putting it in the needle wrong of injecting wrong and of messing this up. I want to feel peace and all I feel is fear and terror over this.  I hope it works, I hope I don't mess up.  I don't know what I'm going to do if this doesn't work.  I don't know how to make this baby happen anymore.

My mind won't stop. I am going to try having some tea and a bath and maybe I can have some peace in my heart for  just a little bit.

10 comments:

  1. Amber, your RE's office doesn't give a class of some sort to show you how everything is suppose to be done. Or at least allow you to go in there so they can instruct you? I am sure once you get through the first shot you will feel more confident and comfortable on knowing who goes where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a class on Monday. I am just overwhelmed and worried. I'll be okay and I did email the nurse to see if I could meet with her again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take a deep breath and take each step slowly. You will be fine!! I was really nervous my first time, but now it's second nature. See the nurse again, make notes and you will not mess up your cycle!! Thinking about you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Suzanne. Relax. Breathe. You will be fine. If you don't believe me, believe her. I would!

      Delete
  4. i felt exactly the same way when i started my injectable cycle... i was sure i was going to screw the entire thing up by taking the wrong thing at the wrong time or forgetting to take something... and guess what... i didn't! you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally do this Amber! After the first one is under your belt, it is so much easier. As for the needles, you should have 2 different sizes in your stash. A 3 inch (a relly long intimidating one) and a 1 1/2 inch one. The 3 inch needle is for mixing your meds (putting the saline in the menopur, etc) and the 1 1/2 inch is for administering the shot. Just remember, you would rather stick yourself with the smaller of the two, right?! If you have any questions, I want to give you my phone number. It is all still really fresh in my head, so if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to call! (949) 636-5277

    As always, you are in my prayers, friend!!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I only inject with the small one and mix with the big one? Thank you so much!! You rock and I really appreciate that you gave me your phone number. You are such an inspiration and I"m going to try and keep positive.

      Delete
  6. CRAP! Now you're scaring me!!! My injections start one week from today. Now I'm frettin over here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, I didn't mean to scare you. You will be fine and do great, I just had a panic attack last night. It will be okay. did they go over the Lupron with you?

      Delete
  7. Just make sure you put the liquid into the solid and use the smallest possible needle :). I hyperventilated the first few times I gave myself shots (7 years ago is when I started). You'll be great! No worries and just think this could be it for you!

    ReplyDelete