Monday, March 11, 2013

So, what's the plan?

Today was the big consult with the new RE.  The consult that was going to explain the big plan and what is going to happen.  Dr. A did not disappoint.  He was awesome as always.  Asked how the Metformin was doing (no side effects once I got used to it) and then started to explain the plan.  I had to stop him to let him know that my body ovulates early on in my cycle.  I explained on the crappy Clomid cycle that my follie was a 23 mm on CD 9 with a 8" lining.  He said okay and readjusted everything for that.  He also went ahead and did an ultrasound while I was there to see what my AFC was and how everything was looking since I do ovulate early. He figured my new cycle begins before my old one was over.  He did see 6-8 on the left and 4-5 on the right, so my AFC is 10-13 follies, which is the highest it's ever been.  It's typically 6-8 total.  He also wants me to have Cetrotide available in case my follie tries to mature too early.

So.... Here is the grand plan for this cycle:

CD 3-7   Femara 5 mg
CD 6 -   Gonal F 150 units
CD 7 -   Gonal F 150 units
CD 8 -   Ultrasound/E2
              Bravelle 150 units
              Repronex 75 units
CD 9   - Bravelle 150 units
              Repronex 75 units
CD 10 - Ultrasound/E2
               Gonal F 150 units
               Menopur 75 units
CD 11 - Follitism 150 units
              Menopur 75 units
CD 12 - Ultraound/E2/P4
              Follitism 150 units
              Cetrotide or HCG injections (depends on lab work)
CD 13/14 - Possible IUI

I was also able to do my injections class today.  I admit, I am pretty overwhelmed with it.  The mixing, shaking putting back into the syringe.  I am sure I can do it, but I am just a bit like, um, can I do this?

So, how do I feel about all of this?  On the one hand I am incredibly lucky that all of these injectibles were donated to me.  I cannot even tell you how grateful I am because I really cannot afford all of this plus the blood work and ultrasounds.  I am also really excited to see how this works and I really am feeling hopeful.  On the other hand, I really can't believe that a year ago I first started acupuncture and was so excited and now I'm about to mix drugs and shoot them into my stomach and pray with all my heart that this translates into a baby.  At the same time, I know that if this works, I will be so incredibly lucky that this was the furthest I needed to go.  With all that said, I plan to remain hopeful as much as I can and really pray that I end up with a healthy baby from this cycle.

As for where I am now, just waiting for AF to show.  For once, I am all ready for her!  My temp has dropped, I have a bit of cramping, she is due Wed, but she can come early if she wants.  I am 11 DPO today, so anytime is fine.  Knowing me though, I'll have some freakishly long LP, LOL.

Thank you all so much for your love and support.

5 comments:

  1. Gah! So excited for you AMBER! I really hope this is it for you and you dont have to go any further. I am sure once you get the first shot out of the way the rest will be easy peasy. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always such a good feeling to have a plan! Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope all the meds are worth it and you get that sticky BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's scary and overwhelming to take on this new protocol, and I know you wish you didn't have to, but I am so hopeful for you, and I'm so happy to hear you sound so ready and excited. It's ok to be nervous! Who wouldn't be? So glad you've found this new RE and that he seems to listen to you and really give you a customized plan. Go A Team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am hoping that you don't have to go any further than this! I bet you are going to get some amazing action going on from all the meds and you're going to have one whopper of a cycle!

    ReplyDelete