Friday, April 26, 2013

6 weeks

On Wednesday I had my six week appointment and my first ultrasound.  I was scared to death leading up to the appointment and scared I would get bad news. More than anything I wanted to hear the heartbeat.  However, I was unable to since it was too early.  I did get to see the sac, the baby, and see the heartbeat flicker.  By my IUI calculations I was 6 weeks and 1 day at my appointment, but I measured at 6 weeks 0 days.  The nurse said this was fine, that a day difference either way doesn't mean anything especially when fertilization could've been the next day, so I tried to feel calmer about this.  My EDD is now 12/18/13.  My next appt is on May 8th.


As far as the way I've been feeling, I've been feeling okay for the most part.  My nipples were very sore at first and then all symptoms went away, which is when I really started to panic.  However, I've had some more cramping and this week 3 out of 5 days I've had some nausea with this morning being the worst.  I'm still feeling it even after toast and peanut butter, but it just means everything is happening as it should, so I am fine.  I am lucky to even be having concerns such as losses and morning sickness and symptoms.


10 comments:

  1. Just love seeing that picture on your blog. :) You went through so much and I'm SO happy that you are in such a wonderful place...even if you do feel a little blah with morning sickness for the next few weeks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your scan went well! So, so happy for you!
    My clinic makes me wait until May 7th for our first scan, I'll be 7w+3d then.
    Would be awesome to join each other throughout this whole pregnancy. FX for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!!! So only one babe then huh? Still exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a huge smile on my face! So glad you got to see the flicker of the heartbeat and a tiny little baby and sac. I will never forget that moment as long as I live! You will for sure get to hear it at your next appt. Just so thrilled for you, Amber! You deserve this sooo much!!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect first u/s picture! I am so glad that everything went well (as I expected it to)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that everything is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to see the baby grow...you've been through a lot and its understandable why you have so much worry. Keep calm and I am sure you will here the babys HB on your next u/s appt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must have been an amazing feeling to see that heartbeat flicker. Congrats again girl!

    ReplyDelete