Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Chase

Dear Chase,

Today you would have been 19 years old.  I also called you my party cat since your birthday was on Cinco de Mayo.  You've been gone for 20 months now and I can't believe that either.  Every single day, I think of you.  I still remember what it felt like to touch your fur and hear your purr.  You had a musical purr like none other.  You made my heart smile every time I looked at you.  Now I carry you every day in my heart.  I know you were there for me when I got pregnant and even while I was trying and struggling.  That cycle had your name all of it from the waiter named Chase the first day of injections to the IUI being exactly 18 months since we said goodbye.  I just want you to know how I will never forget you and how much you mean to me and I'm not sure that this post can capture all the love I feel in my heart and the sadness that you are gone.  I love you Chase!  Happy Birthday!



6 comments:

  1. Aww this post is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post for a beautiful creature that meant so incredibly much to you. Thinking about you and sending you big hugs and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of your sweet boy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pets mean so much to us. Happy birthday, Chase!

    ReplyDelete