Monday, May 27, 2013

My last Re visit

Last Wed, I was 10w0d and I had my very last RE appt.  This was both very exciting and sad for me.  Exciting because things are going well. I am very, very lucky that everything has gone so well.  Sad because this was the first doctor to truly listen to me and try something for me and not for his pocketbook.  At every step he tried to accommodate me.  He listened to everything I said about my own body and used that information to help me become pregnant.  I was monitored appropriately at every step.  His whole clinic and staff has just been amazing and I feel so lucky to know these people.

My RE performed the last u/s himself and spent a lot of time with it.  I got to hear and see the heartbeat again and was still measuring at a steady 176 beats per minute.  I also got to get a 3d ultrasound of the baby, which was great to see.  I measured 10w1d that day.  He talked to me a bit about cord blood banking and said that he plans on doing a lot with it and will have his own cord blood center by the time the baby is born, so I'll look into that when the time is closer.  My OB retired between me starting to TTC and actually succeeding, so he recommended an OB to me.  He and his staff let me know I could always call them for questions.

Below are some of the pics from my ultrasound:

I don't even know how to describe how amazing this ultrasound was.  While all of them have been great, this was the best one.  The baby danced for my husband and I and we could see arms, legs, and even a few fingers and toes as they were moving.  It was incredible to see and it finally became real at that very moment that I am really going to be a mom.  This baby is going to make it and I am absolutely the luckiest most blessed person for this.  Why did God allow this miracle to happen I will never know, but I will be forever grateful.  I cannot wait for my other friends in IF purgatory to get theirs too.  It just felt magical and I am so in love.  I am also scared.  Scared of not being the parent this miracle deserves.  Scared of messing up or doing something wrong.  I just hope I can live up to being a mom.

When I got home I called up the new OBs office.  I was told to come in the very next day for bloodwork and a meeting with the nurse.  The nurse was awesome!  She has books, pamphlets, hospital info, pediatrician info  It was great, but also overwhelming, but I just felt I was in good hands.  She took her time with me, answered all my questions, and everything.  They took a TON of blood from me, but that's nothing I'm not used to, lol.  I will meet the actual OB for the first time on Friday the 31st.  I will be 11w2d then.  Not sure if he will do an u/s or just do the doppler or just talk to me.  I hope I like him though.

All in all things are going great!  I only have two more acu sessions until I am 32 weeks.  I cannot believe it.  I am going to miss him, but I promised to come by and visit.  While I haven't had any symptoms this pregnancy, I have had severe exhaustion.  To the point where I am dangerous on the road and that is not good when I drive 50-100 miles a day for my job.  There have even been a few days where I drove over 100 miles.  He listened to me and also about the leg cramping and gave me an iron supplement.  OMG, that has made all the difference!  I have much more energy.  I still get tired, but nothing like before.  Lately I've had some insomnia too, which isn't helping the being tired issue.

However, I am not complaining about anything.  I will gladly take it all and more.  I really just feel very, very blessed right now.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's going so well!! I almost cried, one for your happiness and two that there is hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I was hoping for an update! So glad everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I bet seeing the little one was an amazing feeling. Im glad everything is going swell and ur not experiencing many pregnancy symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome u/s pictures! I know I've said it before, but I am so, so happy for you. You deserve this so much, and you will be a wonderful mother. I am so glad that you found this RE and that he was so open to listening and doing what was best for you. I hope the new OB will be just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ultrasound pics are AMAZING!!! Little bean totally looks like a little baby there and not just a gummy bear. Isn't it just incredible how much they grow and change in those first few weeks?! I am so happy...no, so thrilled that everything is going as planned. You deserve every bit of this happiness and you are going to be an excellent mother! God blessed you with this because you were patient, faithful and kept going after what you wanted and knew that you were meant to have. I am so glad it was finally your time. I can't wait to watch your pregnancy progress and root for you and your precious growing family!!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete