Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Half Baked"

Today I am officially 20 weeks!  I can't believe that I am here, halfway through my pregnancy with a healthy little girl.  I feel so blessed, it's just unbelievable.

Some new developments are that I feel some kicks.  They were very infrequent in the past two weeks and I had no idea what I was feeling.  Since week 18 I feel all sorts of stuff, cramping, pulling, twinging, and something else that feels like a little flick of a finger against the skin.  I ignored it at first, but it keeps happening and more frequently now and finally I realized a few days ago they are definitely kicks.  They happen suddenly and quickly and then just stop.  In the past few days I feel them more and more and it's very reassuring that she's in there.

I took a bump pic today.  In my first trimester I lost 9 lbs.  Up until last week I had gained back nothing, but this last week I've gained back two of those pounds.  I also had no bump whatsoever until just a few days ago. Over the weekend it's like I suddenly got a little belly.  Posting my "half baked" bump pick.




In general I am feeling pretty good.  I am very tired.  Many people talk about this energy that comes in the 2nd trimester, but I don't seem to be experiencing it very much, I mostly run out of energy after a while so it's slow going.

I've started working on her nursery.  I was actually thinking of doing my registry since I'm in between jobs and have a little bit of a break, but when looking at the bedding set I had always dreamed of, I learned it was discontinued by the manufacturer.  I was very upset and nearly broke down.  Even before I started TTC and struggling with IF I wanted this set.  Dreamed of this set.  It's hard to explain and when it was gone it broke me.  I started looking up websites and ebay and could only find part of it.  I was really upset and just shut down on Saturday.  My mom convinced me to buy all the pieces I could and we'd make up the rest with the pattern, colors, etc and tie it all in together.  I was able to find the crib set, diaper stacker, lamps, mobile, and wall decal.  My mom helped me find a coordinating rug, hamper, nightlight, and valance.  I can't wait for this room to take shape.  Here's a picture of the nursery of my dreams.  It's going to be a little bit modified, but will have all the colors and everything.


I found her perfect nursery set too and will be ordering it tomorrow.  We are getting everything in "Colonial White" and we are getting her the crib, full bed conversion kit, double dresser and hutch combo, 5 drawer dresser, and nightstand.  I'll find a glider eventually a well to add, but this stuff is so durable and nice and had a great rating in the Baby Bargains book and also online from what I could see.  As my mom says it's "Cradle2College" furniture.  

I had my anatomy scan two weeks ago at 18 weeks.  I got a few pictures of her and I'm sharing two of them.  A regular sonogram and then a 3d pic of her.  She wasn't too cooperative so these are the only "good" pics of her.  I think she's camera shy, like mommy.



Finally, we have a name!  We've decided to name her Kate Lyn Naylor.  We will most likely call her "Katy", but we love that she has a name she can change to suit her personality and grow with.  She can be Kat, Katy, Kay, Katelyn, Kate, or anything else she comes up with.

10 comments:

  1. Nurseries, and ultrasounds and bumps oh my! The good news just keeps coming... Happy 20th week Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bump and your name! Kate Lyn is beautiful. Gosh, I swear I look more pregnant than you do and I'm only 10.5 weeks, LOL!!!! You look amazing! I haven't gained any weight but I feel huge, ha ha. I know it's bloat not baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 weeks already!? Where has the time gone!? Love the shirt in your bump pic...looks exactly like the one I wore for my baby shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name. It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! So happy for you! Love the name!!!
    Ps. We're having a girl too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you're already 20 weeks, time is flying! I love the name and nursery, it sounds like everything is really coming together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 20!! I'm sure it's getting more 'real' as you plan more & more. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy halfway point! I love the name and the nursery theme! You look beautiful(and so does Kate)! I know this pregnancy has been long awaited and it has not been all sunshine and rainbows, and I am so happy for you that you finally have some things to make it seem more "real" like the kicks and the beautiful ultrasound pictures and the planning! I'm so sorry about the set not all being available, but I'm so glad you and your mom were able to pull it together with the things you could find, and I know it's going to be absolutely perfect! Big, happy hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! The nursery is going to be adorable and her name is absolutely precious! And the kicks...doesn't it make it just that much more real?! The precious kicks are one of my favorite parts of pregnancy. You and baby girl are always in my thoughts and prayers!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great name and the nursery set up is adorable! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete