Saturday, November 2, 2013

November

It never for a second crossed my mind that my princess could be born in November. With an EDD of mid-Dec all I could think was one day that month, but yesterday I found out otherwise.

I made an appt with the OB, mine is out of town on vacay until Thurs 11/7, to just talk about what's going on and what I can do. On Thurs night I had a lot of contractions and was thisclose to going back to the hospital. After talking to me and then checking I was now dilated to almost a 2 and told that my cervix and all that is telling her I'm ripe for delivery at any moment. She predicted Kate Lyn will be here by Thanksgiving. That everything that needs to be done so I can bring her home must be done now. So that is a lot of what I'm doing this weekend.

On Tuesday I'll be 34 weeks and I am so close to being full-term but not quite. I hope Katy can hold out towards the end of the month, but I'll be ready when she is and right now all I can do is pray and be prepared.

I am scared but I am beyond lucky and I don't forget that for a second. Lucky to be pregnant at all, lucky to have a great support system, lucky that she's made it this far and while Nov is earlier than it should be, she should be born healthy and just need a little help.

Please keep us in your thoughts if you can.

2 comments:

  1. Praying that this exciting moment happens when everyone is ready. That everyone is healthy & safe. Xoxoxo how exciting this is!

    ReplyDelete