Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Update-Home on bedrest

Just wanted to do an update.  I made it through the two shots of steroids to help my girl's lungs develop better and I also made it through the hell that is Magnesium.  If anyone has ever had to have that stuff ivy'd into you, I am so sorry for what you must have experienced.  If you haven't, I sure hope you never do.

Yesterday I reached 34 weeks and they are not doing anything further to prevent her from coming.  They aren't accelerating it either, I'm at home on strict bed rest, but if she comes, she comes.  The hospital fully expects to see me any time now.   I left having regular contractions and just lots of pelvic pressure, but no "active labor" and my water is still intact.

I feel better being at home, although I'm not the sit still type, so this has been kinda hard for me, but I'm doing fine.  Anything for her.  All of this is worth it to have my healthy baby girl, I just hope it turns out as good as it plays out in  my head.

Right now my personal goal is to make it until Friday, at the minimum, when my OB will be back.  I hope he's able to be the one to deliver her and just seeing him and getting his input will help me.  It's hard dealing with on-call doctors, I felt like no one really cared.  They had their own patients, and then there was me, and no one wanted to deal with it.

My husband's job is awesome and is letting him work from home the rest of the week, so he's here with me and checks up on me and gets me anything I need.  I really appreciate all of your love, thoughts, and prayers during this time.

8 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending so many well wishes to you and Katy. You're already such an amazing mama...just wait till she gets here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers coming your way! Katy is almost here and will be super healthy and amazing. I will be sending peaceful thought your way and cheering for Friday (at least).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everything is going as well as it can and you've made it to 34 weeks! Praying for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! Still praying that she stays in a little longer. Glad you got those steroids. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that Katy holds off until Friday so you don't have to deal with a new Dr. Glad ur DH is at home pampering u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your hubs is home with you this week! I am really hoping that Katy holds out until Friday so that you can have your OB there. I'm sure what you're going through is stressful enough without having to deal with a doctor you don't know. Praying everything works out as it should!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I haven't commented much lately, but I also know you understand why and respect that. You are getting so close now, and I wanted to make sure you knew that I am praying for you, thinking of you, and extremely happy for you. The dream is finally coming true! Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that baby is still safe and sound...but sorry you had to go thru mag hell. You're in the homestretch. That being said, I know how hard bed rest can be! I was on bedrest from weeks 24-delivery at almost 39 weeks. It was tough, but worth it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete