Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ultrasound #1

I hope today was only the first of many ultrasounds, but I'm not currently feeling optimistic.  I'll have one more next week and then I'll know where this pregnancy is headed-or not.

I'm 6 weeks 1 day today.  My first ultrasound with Katie was 6 weeks 0 days and I saw a sac, a baby, and a heartbeat.  Couldn't hear the heartbeat, but saw it.  That was Katie.

Today I saw 2 sacs.  One was bigger and empty.  No flutter, nothing that looked like a baby.  Just a ball. The second sac, much smaller and couldn't really see in it.  The nurse said the second sac could be anything from a vanishing twin, to fluid, to maybe a twin that is just early.  No way to know.  The first sac the nurse thinks is just early.

I'm concerned because my BFP was 9 dpiui.  Not that early.  There's a lot online about it still being okay.  I don't know.  I'll know for sure next week.  Hoping, praying, but it's out of my hands.

7 comments:

  1. Hoping that things are looking better next week. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't lose hope until you know more. Every baby develops differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed! On a positive, my first ultrasound with Peyton I was 6w 1d and there was no heartbeat. My dr said he doesn't usually see a hb until 6w3d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed! On a positive, my first ultrasound with Peyton I was 6w 1d and there was no heartbeat. My dr said he doesn't usually see a hb until 6w3d.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending so many prayers your way. I hope next week shows a beautiful baby (ies).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't give up hope. I had my first u/s when pregnant with Reid at 6w5d. We saw the heartbeat, but the nurse said if I had come in a day earlier we would not have seen the flicker of his little heart. It was that close. Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete