Thursday, August 27, 2015

IUI Day

So here we are, IUI day.  "Show time" as we call it.

I arrived to the clinic a little late due to some work drama (fun times).  DH went into his room and came back acting odd.  I asked what was wrong and he was snappy and said we'd talk later.  I'm like um....

Anyways, the front desk tells us it could take longer than usual to prep the sample because the first couple was late and therefore everyone is late.  I'm already upset over the e2 thing and knowing something went wrong with the collection process.

DH and I step out into the car and he tells me he missed the cup and very little made it in.  I'm now losing my shit.  I don't even know if I have an egg because of my stupid e2, now I may not have any semen, oh and I asked who's performing the IUI and the person who's done it previously no longer works Thursdays so she's out, and my RE left for his other clinic.  So as you can see nothing is going right and I'm already an emotional cray cray person.  I'm very visibly upset at the clinic and trying not to cry.  DH isn't a happy camper either.

I get to the room when the sample is ready and the coordinator wants to have a talk.  I just want to know the damn semen number.  Anyways, she has a long talk about why I feel this cycle is a bust.  I got into my spiel about the low e2 issue and how with two follicles I don't know that one is at 200 and  the other isn't.  Maybe both are under 200.  Maybe there's nothing, maybe there's something.  She told me she's very sure there's at least one egg there, that the hcg amped them up more, and they would've cancelled if they even had an inkling that this couldn't work.  Anyways, she was so sweet and encouraging that I relaxed and felt so much better as did DH.

IUI count was 19 mil!!  Highest ever.  Amazing considering....

So, I still don't feel great about my chances, but there's def sperm, maybe an egg, maybe a baby.  We'll see.  I'm emotionally trying to keep my shit together, but I'll be honest, lately it's just very, very hard.  I'm not doing very well and I feel like I'm failing in many areas of my life right now.

4 comments:

  1. I held my breath during every treatment, as I so feared my DH would miss the cup! However, we had male factor issues, I don't think we'd ever hit 19 million if we added every treatment. I've heard so many stories of a transfer or IUI where everything seems to be going wrong, and yet it works! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope!! I know these situations suck and don't forget your hormones are affecting your feelings too. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope!! I know these situations suck and don't forget your hormones are affecting your feelings too. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope!! I know these situations suck and don't forget your hormones are affecting your feelings too. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete