Friday, July 29, 2016

Mary's 1st beta

Sorry I'm posting this so late, it's been a hectic day.  So, today I'm 4 weeks along and my beta at 14 dpiui is 311!!  Yes, it's a good number and yes, it's high.  It's actually the medium beta for triplets according to betabase.  I know betas don't always mean anything, I've seen multiples with low numbers (like my friend who's beta was 45 and found out today she's having twins) and higher numbers don't always indicate multiples.  I think I would be shocked to find out I'm carrying one, but glad and honestly, that was my preference.  I think right now I just hope no more than two, but the reality is I had three eggs and that chance is there.  We'll see.  It absolutely terrifies me to think of multiples, but right now I'm going to try my hardest not to focus on that.  Right now I'm going to try hard and focus on the fact that right now I AM pregnant and right now Mary is doing awesome and that's all that matters.  Tomorrow will come, but for now I'm in today.  It's the only way I can do this.

On Monday I have my second and last beta and the ultrasound will be scheduled then.  I'm guessing it's on 8/12.

Well...  This was the "Hail Mary" and I do live in Texas, so go big or go home?

Praying this works out.  Here's my last strip of testing.



Some symptoms have kicked in.  I have nausea starting today, my pregnancy insomnia has been going on since about Wednesday, and I've had a touch of round ligament pain today.  All in all, not complaining.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! I'm glad you are taking one day at a time and rejoicing in your pregnancy! Hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every wish Amber that this is it! I am so very much praying hard for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a solid number! My first Beta at 14 DPO was 360. Then it tripled. I thought multiples too. In fact the third beta was so high that we were worried it could be triplets. (I'm super tiny) It turned out one really strong bean. Even the doctor was shocked it was just one. So you're right, could be one, could be three. Either way, I'm praying for healthy!

    ReplyDelete