Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Thyroid update/emotional

I started having heart palpitations on the 4th of July.  I was stressed family was coming, then they did and I was drinking, I didn't think much of it.  Stopped drinking alcohol as it intensified and figured it would be gone.  It wasn't.  Worse yesterday, got so bad at night I could not sleep.  Took a sleeping med to knock me out.  It's bad again today.  As I type this I literally feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.  It's horrible.

I called my REs office, begging for my thyroid numbers.  They weren't releasing any testing to me because not everything is back.  I explained the palpitations and I've been having worse than usual insomnia and I asked to please tell me what they are.

I got into an argument with the nurse. She did give me numbers, but I had to pull them out of her.  I was shocked some didn't change much and she told me it was because they won't ever change and I didn't understand.  She was snippy and hung up on me saying my RE would call me.

I decided to get a labcrop account, see if anything more was in there.  I didn't realize what I'd see. I made my account, logged in and BAM, 5 years of infertility stared at me. 5 years of pain, anguish, joy (Katie and the twins-for a while), loss, just all of it there. I saw my OB, where I first went asking if I had an issue, RE #1, RE #2, RE #3 (current RE), new OB after I conceived, back to RE, twins, back to OB, then I switched OBs, then it was goodbye.  Back to RE, Ivy, back to RE, now.  5 years of trying to have a family, 5 years of hoping, praying, wanting, rejoicing at Katie, and then pain I can't even describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it after her.

I know how the story will probably end. But I guess it's not over yet.  I cried as I stared at the labs and then my RE called me.  He calmed me down, explained that the antibodies will NEVER be normal.  The medication is doing what my thyroid can't do.  It's instead of, that number won't ever change much. He said once Hashi's is dx, they don't even test it anymore. He said for me to cut the pill in half, take .0.025 mg of the Levy (generic synthroid) to help with heart palpitations and insomnia.  I asked about the cycle, he said it would be okay, just keep going.

So, I keep going, because what choice do I have?  Right? Therapy night.

Here's numbers for anyone interested:

May:Free T3 2.5 (2.3-4.2)
Free T4 1.02 (.82-1.77)
TSH 1.650 (.450-4.5)
Thyroid Antibody 7.9 (0.0-0.9)

June:Free T3 2.8 (2.0-4.4)
Free T4 1.38 (.82-1.77)
TSH 1.180 (.450-4.5)
Thyroid Antibody 7.6 (0.0-0.9)

No comments:

Post a Comment