Monday, August 1, 2016

Mary's 2nd Beta

I had my RE consult today.  I asked him what the chance were that I was only pregnant with one.  He kinda shook is head and lowered it and said, we'll see at the ultrasound.  So, I'm pretty sure he's thinking multiples too.  That brings a whole new level of paranoia, but I'll deal with it then.  Today, I am pregnant and things are going well, right?

So, my beta is 948, or at least it was at 10:00 am.  Doubling time from the first beta is 45.40 hours, not bad.  So, right now everything is progressing well.

My first ultrasound is scheduled for 8/15 @ 8:40.  The idea of the ultrasound itself brings up anxiety, much less what I might see.  However, I'm trying hard to stay present and remind myself that today "Mary" is doing well and that's all I can ask for.  I am lucky to have "Mary."

My RE also recommended a baby asprin and told me I can't travel any more south that I'm already  located and to use bug spray for Mosquitos anytime I leave the house. I know Zika is a real thing since it's in Florida now and Texas is known for its skeeters as well.

So, today, right now, things are okay and that's what I'm focusing on.  I also spoke with my therapist today and I've really been doing so much better in the past couple of months that we decided to reduce my sessions back to once a week.  If I start struggling again, they can be increased.  However, I've really been doing well.

So, as I keep repeating (and I'm sure I'm getting annoying) right now things are okay and for that I am grateful.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. Praying for you and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! That's so great that Mary is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud is an understatement. You're doing amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Congrats! We suspected twins with my son and he was always a singleton. Sometimes numbers really are just high. I'll be thinking of you and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy everything is going well! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete