Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Graduating!!

Today was an exciting day!  I graduated from my RE for the very last time.  I had my final appointment and Mary is doing fantastic.  He/she was dancing around for me and putting on a show and everything measured on point.  I found out that very first RE gave me the wrong EDD, so my RE said it's really 4/6 and that puts me at almost 12 weeks.

Mary measured 11w4d today and had a strong heartbeat of 170.

For the past week I've had extreme anxiety and I even woke up in the motn last night in a panic over this appointment and some contract work I'm doing.  I'm feeling so much better and I'm glad I have therapy tonight.  I think the whole illness thing really kicked me into PTSD and I want to talk about that because illness happens.

Thank to everyone who's been supportive and nice and understanding that this is a scary pregnancy for me, but I'm doing the best I can day by day. I've come a long way from where I once was and healing is a process.  Your comments and support have meant the world to me.



Now a small update on my oldest daughter.  She's doing okay.  She's definitely traumatized from the barium enema and the hospital wanted to do another, even worse test on her.  I don't know if she needs all that, so right now I'm going to bump that test into later in the year and get a second opinion from a diff GI on 10/27.  This also gives time to see how she's doing. Hopefully she'll be doing okay and it was just major constipation that really needed to get cleaned out.

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And look at Mary sticking that baby bootie up...haha!

    Annielizbeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amber. I am so happy for you. Take it all day by day. I hope you had a good counselling session the other day. I think you are making smart decisions with respect to your daughters health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so happy that your OB "gets it" and is offering you compassion and understanding. And yay for Mary! Such good news all around. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete