Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Thank you!!!!

Thank you guys so much for all the love, thoughts, messages, prayers, just everything.  I know who some of you are, but not all of you and I'm so thankful for everyone's support.

I've had a very scary few days, but if that's the worst thing that happens this pregnancy, I will happily take it!!!  Now that I've calmed down a bit and finally eaten and slept I can post more.  I do read all the comments, so if there's any questions I'm happy to answer or do another blog post if I think others might want to know as well.

I'm now 15.5 weeks.  It is believed that the false positive might've come from one or both of the empty sacs from Mary's B & C, since this was a triplet pregnancy at the start.  My MFM told me typically DNA from those sacs will dissolve within 2 weeks, but something that might've been a sac was seen on the u/s on Tues when I first saw my MFM and also everyone is diff. I'm guessing one or both of the other Mary's, unfortunately, had Trisomy 18.

What I got yesterday are called FISH results.  They are the initial results from a CVS.  It means I'll get the full results in about a week, but the MFM told me she's seldom ever seen where they FISH results indicate everything's fine and then the full report comes back with an issue.  She said since the genetic test and FISH test came back fine (and FISH ruled out Trisomy 18), she's expecting an awesome report back with the full genetic testing too.  I'm just so glad this Mary is okay and it's looking more and more like I'll bring her home.

The MFM set me up with the progesterone injections.  I'm supposed to start them within a week.  My insurance approved the shots along with a home health nurse to administer them.  I need to call the nurse today to set it up and get this!  Her name is MARY!!!  LOL!!!  The signs are everywhere.  I also saw a yellow butterfly yesterday on my way to check the mail and yellow is Mary's color, so I just feel really positive about everything.  I know there's still a long way to go, but I'm not going to let it take away from how far he/she has come.

I see my MFM again 11/1 and I need to set up an OB appointment as well since I ran out of there crying on Thursday and never even completed my appointment.

Here's a little snapshot of Mary last Thurs before the scary news.


Oh!  One last thing: Gender.  I did get gender results with all this testing.  I personally do not know the gender.  It's sealed in an envelope.  I need to plan a reveal with family and I'll have to talk to hubby and figure out when to do it.  We will all find out at the same time. I'm guessing within the next few weeks.  I want to enjoy and celebrate this amazing baby and the gender is just fun for me, not at all of importance.  I don't have a preference, just want a healthy, living baby.  I do think Mary is a girl though.  A few have asked if Mary is a girl will I keep Mary and the answer is no.  My MIL's name is Marianne and I worry that other family might feel slighted and most of them don't understand the reference.  Very few IRL people see this blog, this is mostly my safety net where I can post my heart and thoughts.  

4 comments:

  1. Thrillled that Mary is healthy. I can't wait to find out what gender Mary is. Boy - girl, who cares but it is fun! So happy for you love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber when I read your initial post regarding Mary maybe have trisomy my first thought was that possibly it was because of the other two embryos. I prayed that was the case. So thrilled (in a saddened kind of way of course) that that may have been the reason for your results. I absolutely cannot wait to see baby Mary. I know you feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled to read your good news!!!

    ReplyDelete