Saturday, November 5, 2016

Milestone

Just a small victory I wanted to share.  I'm now 18w1d with Mary, and this is the farthest I've ever made it in any pregnancy without complications.

With Katie I started having complications at 16w0d and with Emma and Chase it was 18w0d. Both of these were within 1.5-2 weeks of stopping progesterone. I've been on my progesterone injections for two weeks now after being on suppositories since 2 dpiui.

I am still scared and having a lot of PTSD.  I think November may end up being my toughest month.  My therapist has increased my sessions for this month to help me and I'm working on it a day at a time.  Treasuring the good moments (now) and hanging on during the tough ones. Still 5w6d to viability (but who's counting).  This moment I feel hopeful I'm going to make it. I know viability isn't my ultimate goal, but it's a milestone where the baby has a chance, even if it's only 50%.  My real goal is not a day sooner than April.

Anatomy scan with my OB this Thursday (11/10) and gender reveal one week from today (11/12).  Some of my PTSD is around the reveal, along with gestation. I went to the ER with both Katie and the twins with their reveals. Meeting with a good friend of mine tomorrow to help me plan it and I told the cake lady my situation and she said she'd take care of everything to only drop off the envelope and check and pick it up in a week. This moment I'm feeling optimistic about the reveal and I'll be mailing out the invites today.

Okay, deep breath, one day and one moment at a time.  This moment I'm 18w1d, Mary is doing awesome, I'm feeling well.  It's going to be okay.  We're going to make it.  I know my sweet and precious angels are cheering us along and continue to be a part of my family.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amber, I'm so happy to hear that you are having some positive moments. Keep plugging away. I am ever hopeful that once you pass the 26 week mark that you will finally start to completely enjoy this pregnancy. I am so very happy for you. I can't fully late to your situation as my loss can't even begin to compare to yours but to some degree I feel your pain. Althea is nearing 3 months already. I find days I miss Beatrice dearly and wish she was with her sister, here with me, but Althea gives me great comfort during those moments of loss. I thank God for blessing us with Beatrice's sister. I know this baby will bring great comfort to you as well. Keep breathing my love and know I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! That's a wonderful realization, and I pray that it continues without complications. Please know that we are here for you during this month, this pregnancy, and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Please try to enjoy this pregnancy and not compare. I KNOW it's hard... but you have come SO far!! Can't wait to read your birth story!

    ReplyDelete