Saturday, January 14, 2017

3rd Trimester

Yesterday we made it to 28 weeks!!  I can't believe I'm in the third tri and suddenly things seem very real and very fast.  I'm so unprepared, but I know I'll get there.

Last week I had my GD test and I nearly passed out after.  I was driving and feeling so faint and dizzy.  I was even allowed to eat before it and I had 3 hard boiled eggs, an hour later the drink, an after that the blood draw.  I found out my result earlier this week-36!!

In general I've been feeling very depressed, lethargic, and honestly I was starting to get scared for how I was.  I wasn't bonding with Anna and I was getting scared about her coming. Last weekend I broke down to my husband about how bad I felt, how low my energy was, how I had no idea how on Earth I was going to take care of a newborn and Katie. I just couldn't do it.

When I talked to my MFM earlier this week she said I've probably been walking around with blood sugar in my 40s for a few weeks now.  This explains a lot of how I'm feeling.  In fact, she said I need to get off the Metformin.  I take it for reactive hypoglycemia, but I'm remembering now that even with Katie I had to reduce the amt in the second tri, and get off of it by the third for the same reasons.

Within 24 hours of being off of it I had more energy, better mood, I felt more "even".  Even my appetite was more steady and I was craving more normal foods and less sweets.  I'm not a big sweets eater and I'd begun to want that stuff all the time.  It all makes sense now.  It's now been quite a few days off the Met and my entire mood, energy, and outlook has changed.  I'm looking forward to meeting Anna, I feel more connected to her, less weepy, less depressed. My BH are so much more improved.  I was needing Procardia almost daily and now I haven't used it in days.

This is a bit of a hard month in general. Two years ago Emma and Chase were conceived this month and a year ago Ivy was.  Now I'm in my third tri with a baby I'm feeling confident I'll get to meet. It's taken a lot to bring me here, to bring me to Anna, and I can't wait to meet her in April and see her sweet face and give her kisses.

Everything is looking good right now.  I'm done with cervical checks because nothing more can be done with that.  They can still do some things if I go into PTL, but right now that isn't too much of a concern.  I'll be having growth checks with the MFM every 3 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful they figured out your blood sugar and took you off of Metformin so you can feel better! You have been such a trooper through everything! YAY for the 3rd trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It warms my heart to hear you say you feel you will get to meet Anna! I know it had to be so hard to get to that point will all the trauma you've endured. I truly cannot wait to see that first picture of you holding your sweet girl in your arms!!!!

    -Annielizbeth-

    ReplyDelete