Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Struggling - Ivy

I was doing better earlier in the day, but as the day went on yesterday I just got more and more sad as I focused on all the different parts of my pregnancy with Ivy.  I was not a good mom to him.  A year ago today I was helping Katie paint a rainbow for DH's bday to tell him I was expecting.  I was only 11 dpiui, had just noticed the line get darker the day before and was anxious and unsure, but it was his bday and I wanted to make it special.

Just thinking about Ivy and struggling with the kind of mom I was.



4 comments:

  1. You did the best you could during that difficult time. That's all you can ask of yourself! You're a wonderful person who's been through a lot! Be kind and gentle with yourself. Sending hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful mother, I really think so! It reminds me of moms who find out they are pregnant and cry because they are overwhelmed and go on to LOVE their child. You loved Ivy and you continue to love him and honor him. Don't be too hard on yourself! Love, Kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't have very much time to be a good mom to him. You definitely were not a bad mom either. You were just getting to the idea of there being an Ivy before he passed. Loss is so hard. I had a miscarriage at 9w and it tore me up, but I can most definitely tell you that you are a million times better mommy to your Ivy than I was to my baby. You honor him. You remember him. I don't even remember the exact due date of mine. What does that say about me? I think you do an amazing job as mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you Amber and hoping you are doing okay. Not too much longer now.

    ReplyDelete